CarpeWiki | Neu Bei CarpeWiki | Preferences
Deutscher Text unten (later ;) )
If you wanna comment: welcome. the admin-pass for this page is 'carpewiki'
Anti Spam Meme
Beat the weblog-spammers with their own means: Link-juce and keywords.
Re-claim the keywords that spammers use to direct users to their sites by creating blog-postigs that direct searchers to info-pages (by NGOs, by Wikipedia).
And in detail?
- Create a blogposting that has a spam keyword (Viagra, pharmacy, poker, hold'em, ...) in teh title and "(Anti Spam Meme)" attached to it.
- In The posting, using the spamword link to a meaningful, non commercial website that has information on the said topic (usually a wikipedia page or a page by an NGO will be fine). If you cannot find any, link to a (refined) Google-search for that word.
- Link back to the blog where you got the info, this also increses the Google juice for that blog AND for the link to the infopage
- Link to an infopage about the "Anti Spam Meme" (like this page) or search engine search in the 'anti spam meme'.
- Turn off comments for that post, because it WILL become a target or spammers.
- Include this little manual in the blog post.
Q: Isn't this spam?
A: No, it is directing users to pages that contain meaningful information when they look for keywords that have been unethically 'charged' by spammers to lead to their sites.
Q: Will Google punish my blog for it?
A: Google has not been known to punish blogs that take part in memes like 'miseravble failure' 'WMD' or 'blonde joke'.
Q: Is that the only thing I can do?
A: I am also thinking about placeng ad-code in thos blog-postings and direct the revenue to a fund that actuylly buys Google Ads, so that the spammers don't even have a chance to buy those for cheap. But I am not sure if that is a good idea.